Niagara Falls Landlord & Tenant Attorney
When handled correctly, a rental property is arguably the best investment there is. A stable tenant that pays the rent on time and in full is a great asset which generates predictable cash flow and builds wealth for the property’s owner.
Handled incorrectly, a rental property can seriously limit your ability to build wealth. Non- payment, insolvency, nuisance and illegal subletting are all examples in which not only the owner’s cash flow is threatened, but even the property itself might be at risk.
My name is Bob Friedman and I have been a Niagara Falls Landlord Attorney for more than 30 years. In this role I have made sure time and time again that both landlords and commercial property tenants are protected and compliant with all relevant legislation and state law. In fact, I've had such success in the area of law, I authored a book on the subject - "How to Survive Legally as a Landlord." I have consistently minimized risks for my clients and ensured that they have the peace of mind to concentrate on their core businesses.
As experienced Niagara Falls Landlord and Tenant Lawyers, some of the areas in which my firm helps clients are:
To Contact Niagara Falls, NY Landlord & Tenant Lawyer Bob Friedman, just complete the information below or call (716) 542 5444.
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
- Drafting watertight leases to ensure both landlord and tenant are protected. Some examples of areas that are covered are repairs, deposits, subletting and alterations.
- Speedy evictions of non-paying tenants.
- Collections for unpaid rents and damage to the property.
- Advice which limits the potential of costly litigation from incidents such as injury on your property, discrimination, mold and environmental dangers.
- Tenant protection such as fair housing, unlawful retention of deposits and lease negotiations.
- Yellowstone Injunctions – these New York specific injunctions provide a tenant who is in breach of his lease the
time to remedy the breach before being evicted.
- And Taxation matters.
Property managers, on behalf of the owners, have specific issues which they need to deal with, such as advising their clients about compliance and regulatory matters, dealing with residents of the buildings they manage and stringent insurance requirements to cover their liabilities.
I have extensive experience with these management operations and I've even created a monthly retainer program where owners and property management firms can receive needed legal advice at very affordable rates. For more information please visit our New York Landlord Monthly Attorney Access Program.
Time is important with legal matters related to landlord-tenant disputes and I will provide you with timely and
Below is a list of issues with which I can help. I can be reached at (716) 542-5444 if you wish to discuss your particular issue and determine if I can help. As is always the case, if I cannot assist you I will recommend another landlord - tenant attorney who can.
Niagara Falls Landlord and Tenant Practice Areas
- 3-day notices
- 30-day notices
- Abandoned property
- Assistance with small claims matters
- Creation of rental and lease agreements
- Credit and Reference Checks
- Damage to property
- Debt Collection
- Defense of Discrimination Claims
- Disabled Tenants
- Eviction of Drug Dealers
- Eviction proceedings
- Fair Housing Laws
- Fighting or other disruptive behavior
- Late Fees
- Lawsuits for Possession
- Lead Disclosure Form
- Litigation for breach of contract or similar causes of action
- Litigation of Landlord and Tenant disputes
- Modifications to rental and lease agreements
- Money Judgements
- Move-in/Move-out Checklists
- Noise violations
- Petition and Notice of Petition
- Renter’s Insurance
- Section Eight Tenants
- Security deposit disputes
- Subletting and Assignment of the Lease
- Summary Proceedings
- Tenant Applications
- Termination of Rental and Lease agreements
- Too many occupants in a dwelling
- Unlawful detainer complaints
- Violation of lease provisions
- Warrant of Eviction
- Writing letters on behalf of both landlords and tenants in an attempt to avoid litigation
- Wrongful retention of security deposit
For immediate assistance with your landlord or tenant issue please call me at (716) 542-5444.