Serving Your Spouse with Divorce Papers

Are you ready to start the divorce process and need help serving your spouse with divorce papers?  Check out this video and then contact our dedicated Buffalo Divorce Attorneys for guidance.

As a dedicated Buffalo Divorce Attorney, people often ask me how to go about serving divorce papers on their spouse.

  • The first step is filing the summons in the clerk’s office, after which the attorney will hire a process server to take the summons and physically hand that paperwork to the other spouse.
  • If the husband and wife are getting along, the other person is invited to pick up the papers – and thereby save the fee that would go to the process server.
  • If that’s not possible, a process server will serve the other party with that summons.

This educational legal video was brought to you by Michael Ranzenhofer, an experienced Buffalo Divorce Attorney.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *