“The 21 Most Common Mistakes By Landlords” will be presented by Robert Friedman at the BUFFALO MULTIFAMILY INVESTMENT PROPERTY EXPO & TRADE SHOW on Saturday, September 22, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM at the Millennium Hotel, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga, NY.
Drawing on over thirty-nine years of experience representing landlords, Mr. Friedman will give examples of mistakes made by landlords and their attorneys in screening tenants, drafting leases, evicting tenants, complying with government regulations and collecting judgments for rent and damages. According to Mr. Friedman, author of “How to Survive Legally as a Landlord”, “default notices, notices of petition and petitions are often incorrectly prepared, served and filed, especially with Section Eight tenants. Landlords fail to protect themselves with key lease provisions. Landlords are not taking advantage of Limited Liability Companies (LLC) and other asset protection strategies. Landlords need to know what to do if a tenant dies or is arrested for drug-dealing.” Other presentations will be : “The Benefits Of Having Your Property Professionally Managed “; “ How To Analyze A Multifamily Investment Property” ; “ How To Reduce Your Property Taxes”; “ The New Tax Law Changes Affecting Real Estate Investors”; and “How To Pay No Tax When Disposing Of Investment Property . To register, visit www.rjgullo.com.
FREE NURSING HOME MEDICAID SEMINARS
“Fourteen Ways to Preserve Your Assets with the Medicaid Laws” will be presented at the:
- Golden Age Center, 3278 Whitehaven Road, Grand Island on Thursday. September 27, 2018 at 1:00 PM.
- Henrietta Senior Center, 515 Calkins Road, Henrietta on Friday, September 28, 2018 at 10:30 am.
- The Salvation Army Golden Age Center, 960 Main Street, Buffalo on Wednesday, October 24th at 11 am.
- Amherst Center for Senior Services, 370 JJ Audubon Parkway, Amherst on Wednesday November 7, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
Robert Friedman, Attorney will explain how to preserve your assets and plan for incapacity with powers of attorney, health care proxies, living wills, wills, trusts, transferring your home to family members, long term care insurance, prepaid funeral accounts, IRAs, pensions, properly documented gifts, spousal allowances and transfers, caregiver agreements and promissory notes. To register for the free seminar, call 716-631-9999 or complete the contact form at WNY-Lawyers.com or email Jessica@LegalSurvival.com.
Emotional Support Animal Discrimination Webinar
“How to Prevent Emotional Support Animal Discrimination Lawsuits” webinar will be presented by Robert Friedman for the American Apartment Owners Association on Thursday, Nov 8, 2018 from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST. Mr. Friedman will provide updates on the latest laws and answer these frequently asked questions:
1. What is the difference between a service animal, a therapy dog, a psychiatric service dog and an emotional support animal (ESA)?
2. Does an ESA need specialized training?
3. What exceptions are there to the law?
4. What documentation may a landlord request from the tenant who needs an ESA?
5. Can the landlord charge a pet security deposit or extra rent for an ESA?
6. Can animals other than cats and dogs act as ESAs?
7. How much are tenants being awarded for discrimination against ESAs?
8. What special lease language should be used for ESAs?
9. What laws protect the landlord if the tenant misrepresents the need for an ESA?
Robert Friedman has assisted landlords for over 39 years with evictions, lease preparation, defense of lawsuits, formation of limited liability companies, defense of building and zoning code violations, rent collection and estate planning. To register for the free webinar, visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4080748738490511619