Buffalo Assault Lawyers
Experienced Criminal Defense Attorneys Defending Against Assault Charges in New York
Assault is an extremely serious charge in New York State, with penalties that can include big fines and jail time. If you’ve been arrested for or charged with assault, you need help right away from an experienced assault lawyer. The attorneys at Friedman & Ranzenhofer are some of the most experienced attorneys you’ll find in New York.
When it comes to putting on a strong defense in a criminal case, especially where violence is alleged, you want a team that knows and understands the whole process. At Friedman & Ranzenhofer, we have been practicing law for decades, and spent many years as prosecutors – so we know how an assault case is built, what evidence the other side is likely to rely on, how witness testimony can help or hurt you, and can give you the most honest, realistic understanding of your situation you’ll find.
In any court case, the most important piece is the evidence. Police and prosecutors will be compiling evidence against you – witness statements, medical records, photographs of injuries, and whatever else they think they can use to paint the least flattering picture of you and the events surrounding your case.
Former Prosecutors Providing Strong Defense Against Assault Charges
When you work with Friedman & Ranzenhofer, you can count on us to approach every piece of evidence with the same care that the prosecution does. In addition, we build our own case, not only challenging witness statements, but searching for those who have another perspective, and countering medical testimony with any facts that don’t fit nicely into the prosecution’s narrative.
We know how your case has been put together, and we are some of Buffalo’s most trusted attorneys because of our broad experience.
Our Buffalo Assault Lawyers Give You Options
While our attorneys are extremely experienced at trial and have a record of success we’re very proud of, for some clients, a trial isn’t their preferred approach. In that case, we protect your rights and fight for a negotiated outcome that works for you and your family. Whatever your particular circumstances, the buffalo assault lawyers at Friedman & Ranzenhofer are there for you, and will do everything we can to effectively achieve a resolution to your case that’s best for you.
Assault is a very serious charge that can carry heavy penalties. Don’t gamble with your future when it comes to dealing with Buffalo criminal court. Public defenders may seem like a good idea at the time, but the truth is that your public defender is most likely fresh out of law school and eager to rack up some experience in criminal court. Because of the hectic workload, public defenders often try to get you to take the first plea deal offered by the prosecutors, and prosecutors know it.
Assault Related Crimes
Our Assault Lawyers can help you in the following areas of assault:.
- Assault in the third degree – Article 120.00 – A Misdemeanor
- Reckless assault of a child by a child day care provider – Article 120.01 – E Felony
- Reckless assault of a child – Article 120.02 – D Felony
- Vehicular assault in the second degree – Article 120.03 – E Felony
- Vehicular assault in the first degree – Article 120.04 – D Felony
- Aggravated vehicular assault – Article 120.04 – C Felony
- Assault in the second degree – Article 120.05 – D Felony
- Gang assault in the second degree – Article 120.06 – C Felony
- Gang assault in the first degree – Article 120.07 – B Felony
- Assault on a peace officer, police officer, fireman or emergency medical services professional – Article 120.08– C Felony
- Article 120.09 Assault on a judge – C Felony
- Assault in the first degree – Article 120.10 – B Felony
- Aggravated assault upon a police officer or a peace officer – Article 120.11 – B Felony
- Aggravated assault upon a person less than eleven years old – – Article 120.12 – E Felony
- Menacing in the first degree – Article 120.13 – E Felony
- Menacing in the second degree – Article 120.14 – A Misdemeanor
- Menacing in the third degree – Article 120.15 – B Misdemeanor
- Article 120.16 Hazing in the first degree – A Misdemeanor
- Hazing in the second degree – Article 120.17 – Violation
- Menacing a police officer or peace officer – Article 120.18 – D Felony
- Reckless endangerment in the second degree – Article 120.20 – A Misdemeanor
- Reckless endangerment in the first degree – Article 120.25 – D Felony
- Article 120.30 Promoting a suicide attempt – E Felony
- Article 120.35 Promoting a suicide attempt; when punishable as attempt to commit murder
- Article 120.45 Stalking in the fourth degree – B Misdemeanor
- Article 120.50 Stalking in the third degree – A Misdemeanor
- Article 120.55 Stalking in the second degree – E Felony
- Article 120.60 Stalking in the first degree – D Felony
- Article 120.70 Luring a child – E Felony
Have you or a loved one been arrested for assault in WNY? The Buffalo assault lawyers at Friedman & Ranzenhofer are dedicated to defending our clients rights. Contact us today and let our experience work for you.