Buffalo Elder Law Attorneys
Experienced Lawyers Providing Sound Legal Services For The Elderly In Western New York
Most residents wait to look for an attorney until an emergency health care situation or when a loved one needs nursing home care. However, the best time to find an attorney is before a crisis. The Buffalo elder law attorneys at Friedman & Ranzenhofer have helped families find appropriate ways to finance long‐term care while preserving their dignity and avoid total impoverishment for over 60 years.
Legal problems that affect the elderly are rapidly growing. New York state and federal laws and regulations are becoming more complex. Actions taken by the elderly with regard to a single matter may have unintended legal effects.
We have a broad understanding of the laws that may have an impact on a given situation, to avoid future problems of the elderly that allows them and their staff to ignore the myths relating to aging and the competence of the elderly. We take into account and empathize with the true physical and mental difficulties that often accompany the aging process.
We understand the afflictions of the aging, which allows us to determine more easily the differences between the physical and mental disabilities of our clients. We are more aware of real life problems, health and otherwise, as persons age. We are tied into a system of social workers, psychologists and other elder care professionals who may be of assistance to you.
All of these things will hopefully make you more comfortable when dealing with our attorneys, and ease your way as you try to resolve your legal problems. Our Buffalo elder law attorneys encompass many different fields of law in the course of elder law. Some of these include:
- Preservation/transfer of assets
- Seeking to avoid spousal impoverishment when a spouse enters a nursing home
- Medicare claims and appeals
- Social Security and disability claims and appeals
- Supplemental and long term health insurance issues
- Disability planning, including use of durable powers of attorney, living trusts, health care proxies and living wills, for financial management and health care decisions, and other means of delegating management and decision-making to another in case of incompetency or incapacity
- Estate planning, including planning for the management of one’s estate during life and its disposition on death through the use of trusts, wills and other planning documents
- Administration and management of trusts and estates
- Long-term care placements in nursing home and life care communities
- Nursing home issues including questions of patients’ rights and nursing home quality
- Elder abuse and fraud recovery cases
- Housing issues, including discrimination and home equity conversions
- Age discrimination in employment
- Retirement, including public and private retirement benefits, survivor; benefits and pension benefits
- Health law
- Mental health law
Dedicated Buffalo Elder Law Attorneys Preserving Your Legacy
Every one of our Buffalo elder law attorneys cares about seniors, their needs, and cater solutions to their individual situations. We understand that you’ll be sharing personal information with us and be making tough decisions. We will listen to your thoughts, concerns and will evaluate your needs, all while helping you find the best way to fulfill them.
Friedman & Ranzenhofer provides caring, experienced and knowledgeable representation to elderly residents and their families throughout Western New York. Schedule a consultation with our dedicated Buffalo elder law attorneys today and let our experience work for you.