Buffalo Sex Crime Attorneys
Sex Crime Defense
If there’s one thing that everyone knows about America’s judicial system, it’s that a person is innocent until proven guilty, right? If you’ve been charged with a sex crime – or if you believe you’re being investigated in connection with a sex crime – you may find that’s as far from the truth as you can get. Charges of sex crimes can wreck your life. If you’re facing charges or an investigation for sex crimes in Buffalo, you need help from our experienced criminal attorneys, and you need it right away.
There’s nothing that can destroy a person’s reputation, career, and even their family and friendships faster than being connected to a sex crime. At Friedman & Ranzenhofer, we’ve seen plenty of clients who’ve tried to deal with this bewildering experience on their own. Inevitably, new clients who thought they could “clear things up” by talking to the police tell us that they wish they’d hired us sooner. We can help protect your rights, freedom, and your good name, from charges like:
- Sexual misconduct – Section 130.20
- Rape in the third degree – Section 130.25
- Rape in the second degree – Section 130.30
- Rape in the first degree – Section 130.35
- Criminal Sexual Act in the third degree – Section 130.40
- Criminal Sexual Act in the second degree – Section 130.45
- Criminal Sexual Act in the first degree – Section 130.50
- Forcible touching – Section 130.52
- Persistent sexual abuse – Section 130.53
- Sexual abuse in the third degree – Section 130.55
- Sexual abuse in the second degree – Section 130.60
- Sexual abuse in the first degree – Section 130.65
- Aggravated sexual abuse in the fourth degree – Section 130.65a
- Aggravated sexual abuse in the third degree – Section 130.66
- Aggravated sexual abuse in the second degree – Section 130.67
- Aggravated sexual abuse in the first degree – Section 130.70
- Course of sexual conduct against a child in the first degree – Section 130.75
- Course of sexual conduct against a child in the second degree – Section 130.80
- Female genital mutilation – Section 130.85
- Facilitating a sex offense with a controlled substance – Section 130.90
- Sexually motivated felony – Section 130.91
- Predatory sexual assault – Section 130.95
- Predatory sexual assault against a child – Section 130.96
Don’t Wait To Get Help
Before we were defense lawyers, we were prosecutors, so we know these cases from both sides, and we know how they’ve been built. Whether you hire our attorneys or someone else, there are some things it’s in your best interest to remember:
- If you sit for an interview or interrogation with the police without a lawyer present, you are helping the police build the case against you.
- Every answer you give the police will be used to verify claims that may have been made against you.
- The best thing you can do to head off a potential sex crimes case is to retain experienced representation so the prosecution knows they’ll have to work for this one.
Friedman & Ranzenhofer’s tough, and knowledgeable Sex Crime Attorneys have helped many WNY residents push back against prosecution allegations of sex crimes, and even avoid charges and the ensuing public trial entirely. We can help protect you against both the legal charges, as well as the potential fallout from media interest in your case and ramifications in your career.
These are serious charges that routinely damage families, so we work diligently, discretely, and quickly to understand the particulars of your situation, and then move forward with a strategy that best protects the interests of you and your family.
Charges of sex crimes are some of the most difficult to prove, but also some of the hardest to recover from, whether you’re ever convicted, and even whether you’re ever tried. Let our experienced Attorneys help you when you’re facing these dire circumstances, and protect your reputation and your freedom.
Have you been charged with or under a sex crime in WNY? Contact our experienced Lawyers in Buffalo NY to protect your rights and stand with your defense.