Distracted Driving Blog
Welcome to the Distracted Driving Blog. As a Vehicle & Traffic Prosecutor for over thirty-six years, I have successfully prosecuted over 33,000 dangerous drivers. My law firm, Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC, has represented auto accident victims for over sixty-seven years.
This blog we will discuss the many ways that parents, employers, schools and municipalities can prevent distracted driving and the dire consequences of distracted driving, including :
1) 3,450 deaths and 391,000 persons injured per year from motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers. 27% of all crashes involve drivers using cell phones. Traffic crashes are now the leading cause of death for teens. The vast majority of teen crashes are caused by common driver distractions.
2) Distracted drivers who cause fatal accidents face imprisonment for up to 15 years for second degree manslaughter.
3) Verdicts of up to $24.7 million against businesses and governments for distracted driving by their employees.
4) Five license points and maximum fines of $400 for cell phone and texting violations.
5) Distracted drivers with probationary, Class DJ, Class MJ or learner’s permits can have their licenses or permits suspended for 120 days.
Related Distracted Driving Videos
- Distracted Driving
- Distracted Driving and Road Rage
- Preventing Texting and Driving
- Employers’ Liability for Distracted Driving
- Cell Phone Violations
- Can You Go to Jail for Distracted Driving?
All Distracted Driving Blogs
ROBERT FRIEDMAN, ATTORNEY BY THE NUMBERS
- 33,000+ DANGEROUS DRIVERS SUCCESSFULLY PROSECUTED OVER THE PAST 36 YEARS AS A VEHICLE & TRAFFIC PROSECUTOR. Named 2003 WNY Prosecutor of the Year.
- 67 YEARS LAW FIRM HISTORY.
- 42 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE PRACTICING LAW.
- 24 HOURS AVAILABILITY BY PHONE OR EMAIL. I am available seven days a week by telephone at 716.542.5444 or 585.343.0746; or by email: email@example.com.
- 13 CONVENIENT LAW OFFICES. We will meet personally with you at your home, the hospital or at one of our seven local offices in Buffalo, Rochester, Lockport, Medina, Williamsville/Clarence, Orchard Park Niagara Falls, Akron and Batavia.
- 0 COST FOR A PERSONAL INJURY CASE EVALUATION. We will advise you of your rights at a free personal injury consultation. Our initial conversation costs you nothing even if you choose not to have us represent you.
- 0 FEE No Fee Guarantee: You pay no fee unless you win your personal injury case.