Personal Injury Verdicts
Learn about some of the recent personal injury verdicts and settlements our attorneys have been able to recover on behalf of our clients. Veteran trial attorney, Michael H. Ranzenhofer
of Friedman & Ranzenhofer, P.C., has successfully handled hundreds of personal injury cases throughout the years. Read on to learn about his recent personal injury verdicts and settlements.
Recent Successful Cases
- $2 Million Child Car Accident – A child ends up with a brain injury by a head on collision.
- $300,000 Settlement – A 52-year-old suffered a broken angle when they slipped and fell on ice in a chiropractor’s parking lot.
- $275,000 Settlement – A 55-year-old suffered an ankle injury when a car collided with a farm vehicle with no lights or reflectors.
- $250,000 Settlement – A 65-year-old female suffered a wrist injury when a grate covering a second story window fell and struck her in the head and knocker her to the ground.
- $217,500 Settlement – A 59-year-old Tim Horton’s employee suffered a broken knee cap when they tripped and fell over a “glob” of ashpalt left by a paving contractor.
- $195,000 Settlement – A 60-year-old suffered a necck injury from a two car collision.
- In a defective products case, a 58-year-old East Aurora aerospace worker won $185,000 from Great American Insurance Company, which insured a company which designed and manufactured loading ramps. As he wasdriving his tractor up the loading ramps into his pickup truck, the cable securing the ramps broke and he fell from the ramp and injured his lower back (January 2005).
- $175,000 Settlement – A 75-year-old suffered a fractured right elbow when they tripped and fell on a low-profile planter at a mall.
- A 53-year-old heavy equipment operator from Akron won a $165,000 settlement from Harleysville Insurance Company for a fractured ankle and torn ankle tendon that he sustained in a two car intersection accident in Clarence (February 2005).
- $125,000 Settlement – A 76-year-old suffered an ankle injury when they tripped and fell on a broken concrete sidwalk.
- $100,000 Settlement – A 56-year-old developmentlly disabled man suffered a fractured jaw and pelvis when he was struck by a motor vehicle while legally walking in the street.
- $100,000 Settlement – A 67-year-old suffered a neck and back injury in a car accident.
- Defective Automobile – A woman injures her knee on the lift gate of a defective vehicle.
- Defective Product – A man is seriously injured when a ramp created to put snowmobiles and ATVs in a truck snaps in half.
- Car Accident Involving Neck Surgery – A man is seriously injured in a car accident and has to go through neck surgery because physical therapy couldn’t solve the issue caused by the accident.
- Child Cheerleader Injury – A 15-year-old girl is injured from aerial acrobatics because of the lack of safety mats.
- Child Knee Injury – A young high school is injured when two rough housing boys fall on top of her.
- Premises Liability – A woman in her 60’s injures her ankle from a slip and fall on a stairwell.
- The family of a 57-year-old member of the Buffalo Fire Department received $100,000 from the City of Buffalo and Nationwide Insurance Company when he aggravated a lower back injury during an automobile accident (April 2004)
- $90,000 Settlement – A 75-year-old passenger in a truck suffered a wrist injury when they were struck from behind.
- $90,000 Settlement – A 5-year-old suffered scarring on their right arm when they were attacked by a dog with propensity for violence.
- A 47-year-old Genesee County woman won $90,000 from Healthcare Underwriters Mutual for injuries she sustained when a venetian blind fell on her head while working at United Memorial Hospital (April 2004)
- $85,000 Settlement – A 45-year-old suffered a knee injury when they were rear-ended in a car collision which pushed their knee into a dashboard.
- $75,000 Settlement – A 47-year-old suffered a neck and shoulder injury when a car crossesd the center line and struck another car.
- $75,000 Settlement – A 58-year-old suffered a back and neck injury in a car accident.
- A 14-year-old Lockport girl received $58,000 from Tops Supermarkets when her hand was sucked under the conveyor belt at the checkout counter. She sustained burns and scarring to the top of her hand (March 2005).
- $55,000 Settlement – A 29-year-old suffered a hip injury when they slipped and fell at a store with a wet and slippery entrance.
- $50,000 Settlement – A 52-year-old suffered broken hip when they tripped over a “gap” in the front door threshold which the landlord failed to repair after numerous requests.
- $50,000 Settlement – A 55-year-old suffered a broken knee when they slopped and fell on a slippery store floor.
- A 32-year-old Genesee County factory worker accepted $50,000 from Allstate Insurance Company for back injuries he sustained in a two-car motor vehicle accident when the other driver turned in front of him.
- $45,000 Settlement – A 63-year-old suffered an injured hand when they were struck by a vehicle when lawfully crossing the street.
- $45,000 Settlement – A 54-year-old suffered multiple disc herniations when an SUV struck their rented vehicle that ran a red light while being chased by Buffalo police.
- $40,000 Settlement – A 51-year-old suffered a neck and back injury in a rear-end motor vehicle collision.
- $40,000 Settlement – A 76-year-old suffered a broken hip when they fell on a slick Metro Rail platform.
- A 52-year-old school administrator was awarded $200,000 against State Farm Insurance Company by a three-member arbitration panel for serious leg and elbow injuries he sustained. He was crossing Oak Street in Buffalo, as a pedestrian, when he was struck by a car driven by an 80-year-old Depew man. After the split panel (2 to 1) awarded $200,000, they found the school administrator 80 percent responsible for the accident, which reduced the award to $40,000 (May, 2005).
- A 58-year-old Orleans County woman won $40,000 after she slipped on ice and broke her leg in a local supermarket parking lot (March 2004)
- $30,500 Settlement – A 68-year-old suffered a broken ankle when their foot slipped into a hole in a front yard while taking their grandchildren trick or treating.
- A 48-year-old factory worker received $29,500 from New York Central Mutual Insurance Company for knee injuries she sustained in a two-car accident on High Street in Buffalo, New York. The settlement was reached during jury selection in Supreme Court (June, 2005).
- A 29-year-old Genesee County nursery school teacher received $25,000 from State Farm Insurance Company for aknee injury she sustained in a two-car accident (April, 2005).
- $27,000 Settlement – An 8-year-old pedestrian suffered scar on their back when attacked by a dog.
- A 48-year-old Alden homemaker accepted $25,000 from a local hospital for a broken ankle she sustained when she stepped on broken concrete which was covered with snow (March 2005).
- A 33-year-old Batavia woman accepts $25,000 from Utica National Insurance Company when she tripped over a broken concrete curb at her daughter’s school and broke her wrist (January 2004).
- A Genesee County jury returned a $25,000 verdict against State Farm Insurance Company in favor of a 23-year-old nursing assistant from Bergen who injured her back in a two car accident on the New York State Thruway. State Farm, prior to trial, had offered only $3,000 to settle the case (February 2005).
- A 75-year-old Lancaster woman accepts $20,000 from Federated Insurance Company for a knee injury she sustained when she tripped over torn up flooring at a local supermarket (March 2004).
- A 50-year-old West Seneca man received $18,000 from the City of Buffalo for a finger injury sustained when his finger became lodged between a loose bleacher plank and a metal post (February 2004).
- A 63-year-old West Seneca volleyball official obtained $12,000 from Network Adjusters when he injured his knee when a volleyball stand, upon which he was officiating, collapsed (December 2003).
- An 11-year-old Buffalo boy accepted $15,000 from Travelers Insurance Company when bitten on the arm by a neighbor’s dog (February 2004).
- In a premises liability case against Flying J Travel Plaza in Pembroke, New York, a 50-year-old North Carolina truck driver won $199,139.67 from the truck stop. As she was walking toward the truck stop restaurant, the sidewalk was blocked by a snow bank, forcing her to proceed along an icy and snow covered foot path, which lead her to an icy grate where she fell and fractured her knee. Her award was reduced by 40 percent after the court balanced the relative culpability of the parties (April, 2005).
- One Beacon Insurance Company was ordered to pay $25,500 to a 56-year-old Amherst woman for neck and back injuries she sustained in a two-car collision on Main Street in Williamsville.
- A 66-year-old Cheektowaga man received $18,000 from Nationwide Insurance Company for a rib injury that he sustained in a two-car accident in Canada (April, 2005).
- An 84-year-old West Seneca woman accepted $15,000 from New York Central Mutual Insurance Company after she injured her wrist when she was T-boned by another motorist on Sheridan Drive in Amherst.
- A 19-year-old Buffalo pedestrian won $10,000 from Erie Insurance Company when she sustained cuts and bruises to her knees and hands after she was struck by a car.
Experienced Buffalo Attorneys With A Track Record of Successful Personal Injury Verdicts
This is just a small sample of our successful personal injury verdicts and settlements. If you have questions about your injury case, please contact our office for a free confidential consultation. Download Our Free Personal Injury eBook