Friedman & Ranzenhofer has adopted information management guidelines that define our customer and advertiser relationships. Since Internet technologies are rapidly evolving underlying business models are evolving. Accordingly, guidelines may change and will be posted here.
Friedman & Ranzenhofer is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of Web sites to which it may link.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES FRIEDMAN & RANZENHOFER COLLECT AND/OR TRACK ABOUT YOU?
- Registration: When you register to receive free services, such as the Friedman & Ranzenhofer Newsletter, Friedman & Ranzenhofer requires that your supply your full name, email address (when appropriate), and demographic information. Customers must also agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use applicable to that service. The bookstore, Find an Attorney and Prepaid Legal Plans use forms. We collect a customer’s contact information and credit card information.
- Anonymous Information: Friedman & Ranzenhofer may also gather anonymous information, which may be used by Friedman & Ranzenhofer or shared with third parties. This information does not personally identify you but may be helpful for improving the services we offer. Generally this information is collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use of “cookies”, “IP addresses”, or other numeric codes used to identify a computer.
- IP Addresses: Friedman & Ranzenhofer also logs IP addresses for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes, (Your IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet.) We do not log IP addresses to track your session, nor do we link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
WHAT DOES FRIEDMAN & RANZENHOFER DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT GATHERS AND/OR TRACKS?
- Statistical Analysis and Banner Advertising: Friedman & Ranzenhofer may perform statistical analyses of user behavior in order to measure interest in the various areas of our site (for product development purposes) and to inform advertisers as to how many customers have seen or “clicked” their advertising banners. Friedman & Ranzenhofer uses demographic information to allow advertising banners on our Web site to be targeted to the readers for whom they are most pertinent. This means that readers see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the user’s experience and the effectiveness of the ads. In this statistical analyses and banner advertisement targeting, we will disclose information to third parties only in aggregate form. Personal information about you as an individual subscriber or registrant will not be provided to any third party, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, as described in our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Email: Using the email addresses provided at Listbot periodically sends promotional email to its subscribers about services offered by Listbot and its advertisers. Friedman & Ranzenhofer may contact you regarding account status, changes to the subscriber agreement, and to confirm registration. If you prefer not to receive promotional materials from companies outside the Friedman & Ranzenhofer group, please see the “Opting Out” provision below.
- Data Security: To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online.
WITH WHOM DOES FRIEDMAN & RANZENHOFER SHARE THE INFORMATION IT GATHERS AND/OR TRACKS?
Friedman & Ranzenhofer shares the information it gathers in a compiled format with advertisers and other partners. We do not release personal information about you as an individual to third parties, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances. Friedman & Ranzenhofer will provide you all of your personal information provided at registration upon request. This information will only sent to the email address on file for the subscriber ID associated with it.
- Letters: If you send Friedman & Ranzenhofer personal correspondence such as emails or letters, of if other users or third parties send correspondence to Friedman & Ranzenhofer about your activities or postings on a Friedman & Ranzenhofer Web site, Friedman & Ranzenhofer may collect such information into a file specific to you. For more information, please review our Term and Conditions of use or contact Friedman & Ranzenhofer using our Contact Us form. All submissions become property of Friedman & Ranzenhofer.
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Children are not eligible to use Friedman & Ranzenhofer’s services, and we ask that minors not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you should use this service in conjunction with a parent or guardian.
OPTING-OUT, CORRECTIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
Upon request, Friedman & Ranzenhofer will (a) remove you and your personal information from our database, thereby canceling your registration; (b) correct personal information that you state is erroneous; or (c) permit you to “opt out” of further email contact (excepting notification of major changes to the service). To request a correction or cancellation, contact us using our hyperlink.