Buffalo Child Custody Lawyer Examines Moving to a Different State with the Children

As a Buffalo Child Custody Lawyer , when one parent comes to me and wants to move to a different state – or just a different part of New York – I tell them that they need one of two things.

  • The parent with whom the child does not live must consent, or the court must grant permission.
  • One parent can’t simply move to another state – or another part of the state – when the other parent has visitation with the child and is involved with the child’s life.
  • If a parent wants to apply for relocation, it is important to speak with a Buffalo attorney and carefully review all the factors the court will consider.
  • If one parent just leaves the area, serious consequences will descend upon that parent after the move.

Do you want to move to another state with the children?  Contact experienced Buffalo Child Custody Lawyer Michael Ranzenhofer for dedicated guidance.

This educational legal video was brought to you by Michael Ranzenhofer, an experienced Buffalo Child Custody Lawyer.