- The courts are obligated to keep a victim advised of the progress of the case, including arraignment, the defendant’s release from custody, pretrial motions, the trial, sentencing, and parole.
- Victims may also provide a statement during the sentencing phase.
- Keep in touch with the court and prosecutor stay abreast of the case’s status.
- A crime victim may also have the right to an order of protection during and following the trial.
- Restitution may recover loss of property and wages.
Were you a victim of a crime? Contact dedicated Criminal Defense Lawyer Robert Friedman for guidance.