As a dedicated Buffalo Personal Injury Attorney clients come to me asking about the discovery phase of a personal injury case.
- The discovery phase of a personal injury case is a major portion of the case.
- Discovery begins immediately after the accident and ends as the case nears its end during discussions of the benefit of accepting a settlement versus going to trial.
- Discovery refers to the exchange of information between the two sides and may involve written documentation such as medical records and formal answers to certain questions.
- Discovery may also involve sworn testimony about how the accident happened and your injuries.
- It may be the longest part of most cases, but it is also one of the most important parts because it enables us to gather information essential to your case and to setting the value of your claim.
Are you wondering what happens in the discovery phase of a personal injury? Call Buffalo Personal Attorney Michael Ranzenhofer today