Rochester DWI Guide
If you are reading this I assume that you (or a member of your family) were caught driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, or are curious what happens when you are stopped.
If you were stopped, you need a talented Rochester DWI Attorney – and you need one quickly.
And I would like to be the dwi attorney in Rochester NY that you call.
My name is Bob Friedman and I have a superb track record of DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) Acquittals. My law firm, Friedman & Ranzenhofer has achieved success that is shared by very few attorneys in the Rochester NY area. Our firm has been successfully defending Rochester area residents that have been charged with DWI for over five decades.
Unfortunately, there is enough work for both myself and other attorneys as well.
With the ongoing crackdown on drinking and driving well into its third decade, DWI is a now a specialized section of the law and one where a good DWI lawyer can be tremendous advantage.
Besides being a criminal defense attorney for many years, I was also a prosecutor for twenty three years – which gives me a significant advantage when I handle a DWI case because I formed very strong ties with law enforcement agencies and prosecutors across Western NY.
A strong legal defense background and strong ties to law enforcement authorities will give you an attorney that is extremely effective in handling DWI defense cases.
If you are caught in Rochester New York for DWI, here are some critical thoughts to remember.
- If you do enjoy a drink now and then but make the mistake of getting behind the wheel, have a business card of a good DWI Attorney in your car.
- If you get stopped on suspicion of DWI, New York Law is unique in that it gives the motorist the right to call an attorney before agreeing to a chemical test. Obviously the police do not have to wait for the lawyer to show up but there is time for call to an attorney. And that can mean all the difference in how this episode ends.
- If you were stopped for DWI, the decision of whether or not to take the test is probably the biggest one you will need to make and I would highly recommend that you consult with a lawyer at this juncture if you have access to their number.
- So do this – call my office and I’ll mail you a business card.
- At sentencing the court will take into account any previous DWI offenses, which can mean the difference between a traffic infraction, a misdemeanor or a felony. A traffic infraction will usually not result in a criminal record; a misdemeanor will generally carry a sentence of up to a year in jail; a felony will carry a longer sentence.
- The difference between the three charges is the number of times you were convicted in the past, the level of drugs or alcohol in your blood stream, and in case of accidents while under the influence, what damage was caused.
- If your case goes to trial, the prosecution will try to prove certain facts such as the amount of alcohol you consumed, the speed at which you were driving, etc.
- They will divide the entire incident into small sections – the time before, during and after the event – in an effort to paint a vivid picture for the judge or jury.
- Hiring a Rochester DWI lawyer with the skills necessary to make sure that your case is presented to the judge or jury in the best possible way – is the key to winning.
We’ve had considerable success with both Judges and Juries – and will aggressively defend you the same way.
Then give me a call at call me at 585-377-5504, or toll-free at 800 729 4571, when it’s time to have a talented DWI Lawyer help with your situation.
Rochester Attorney Bob Friedman
70 Linden Oaks, 3rd Floor
Rochester, New York 14625