Volunteer Fire Departments
Experienced Buffalo Lawyers Providing Strong Legal Counsel To Volunteer Fire Departments, Fire Companies, Firefighters and Fire Districts Throughout New York State.
The experienced Buffalo business lawyers at Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC are available seven days a week by cell phone or email to answer your questions promptly and provide legal assistance. We would be pleased to provide your fire department, fire company or fire district with a detailed legal services proposal and references.
We provide all legal services required by New York volunteer fire departments, fire districts and fire companies, including advice on fire company and not-for-profit corporation governance, financing, operational management, membership and compliance issues; and apparatus acquisition and financing, bylaws, standard operating procedures, rules and regulations, personnel policies, Service Award Programs, training; ethics law, civil liability, Freedom of Information Law, contracts, membership, reporting requirements, and discipline.
Our New York nonprofit and municipal experience makes us uniquely qualified to represent your organization:
- 63 Years Representing Nonprofit Organizations and Corporations.
- 34 Years Representing Municipalities.
- 24/7 Availability: The experienced lawyers at Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC are available seven days a week by cell phone or email to answer your questions promptly and provide legal assistance.
- Member of the Association of Fire Districts of the State of NY.
We provide all legal services required by New York volunteer fire departments, fire districts and fire companies, including advice on:
- fire company and not-for-profit corporation governance,
- operational management,
- membership and compliance issues,
- apparatus acquisition and financing,
- standard operating procedures,
- rules and regulations,
- personnel policies,
- Service Award Programs,
- ethics law,
- civil liability,
- Freedom of Information Law,
- reporting requirements, and
We would be glad to provide your fire department, fire company or fire district with a detailed legal services proposal and references. Contact Robert Friedman, Attorney at 716-542-5444.
How Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC Helps Fire Companies, Fire Departments, Fire Districts And Individual Firefighters
These are examples of how we have helped fire departments, fire districts and individual firefighters throughout New York State.
- Advised an Erie County fire company on the use of lights and sirens by firemen.
- Revised the membership application for an Erie County fire company.
- Drafted a lease for a Genesee County fire district.
- Represented an Oneida County fire district in obtaining funds from the county
- Defended a Seneca County firefighter wrongfully terminated by a Seneca County fire district.
- Conducted a disciplinary hearing for an Erie County fire company to suspend a firefighter who reported for a call under the influence of alcohol.
- Advised an Erie County fire company on admitting junior members.
- Advised an Erie County fire company on FOIL requests.
- Conducted a disciplinary hearing for an Erie County fire company to suspend an emt who violated standard operating procedures.
- Drafted an equipment lease for a Genesee County fire district.
- Revised bylaws for an Erie County fire company.
- Represented an Erie County fire company regarding town contract amendments.
- Represented an Erie County fire company regarding the financing and purchase of a new fire truck.
- Represented a Genesee County fire department in the sale of a firehouse and in obtaining Attorney General approval for that sale.
- Represented Erie County fire company EMTs who witnessed a pedestrian fatality.
- Drafted a release/hold-harmless agreement for the donation of Life Pak 500 defibrillators for an Erie County fire company.
- Drafted a VBL resolution for an Erie County fire company to make available the coverage provided by General Municipal Law Section 209-11-b for an Erie County fire company.
- Represented an Erie County fire department in the purchase of real estate.
- Advised an Erie County fire company regarding the payment of prevailing wages for a building addition.
- Drafted a fire truck purchase agreement for an Erie County fire company.
- Advised an Erie County fire company regarding a building construction contract.
- Revised the constitution of an Erie County fire company.
We are currently accepting fire districts, fire departments and individual firefighters as new clients. For references and to schedule a meeting, contact attorney Robert Friedman directly anytime.
Robert Friedman’s New York Non Profit Experience & Expertise
- TYPES OF ORGANIZATIONS: Representation of condo associations, service clubs, parent/teacher associations, professional associations, foundations, mobile home tenants’ associations, homeowners’ associations, animal rescue organizations, hospitals, churches, sports clubs, senior citizens centers and credit unions for over thirty-nine years.
- RAFFLES: Created the Clarence Rotary Porsche Raffle. As Porsche Raffle Committee Chairman, oversaw the daily operation and administration of the raffle.
- BYLAW REVISIONS: Revised the bylaws of the Clarence Rotary Club, Clarence Senior Center and Akron Senior Center.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Served on the boards of Hearts and Hands – Faith in Action, the Brothers of Mercy Foundation, Clarence Rotary Foundation, Clarence Rotary Club, Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Western New York Prosecutor’s Association and Akron Chamber of Commerce.
Robert Friedman’s New York Municipal Experience
- Attorney Robert Friedman is a former Clarence Town Attorney (6 years). He advised all departments and boards, including Ethics Board regarding FOIL requests; litigation; contracts; employee matters; Fire Department financing, budgets and LOSAP ; and procurement.
- Clarence IDA Attorney (nine years).
- Prosecutor for Clarence (19 years), Newstead (12 years) and Akron (10 years): prosecutions of building code, environmental, vehicle and penal law violations.
- Environmental Special Legal Counsel for the Village of Alden and Town of Alden.
- Special Counsel –Town of Amherst.
Robert Friedman’s Experience As An Instructor
- Director and Instructor of New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services Security Guard Courses. Created course material and instructed public and private sector security guards on their role in emergency medical and fire safety and evacuation.
- Community Education Courses at Clarence Central, Erie Community College, Frontier Schools, Kenmore-Tonawanda Union Free School District, Niagara County Community College, Villa Maria College of Buffalo and Williamsville Schools on business law, criminal justice, mortgage foreclosures, property taxes, estate planning, landlord/tenant law, real estate law, workplace violence and debt collection.
- Erie B.O.C.E.S. – New York State Real Estate Licensing Course.
Michael Ranzenhofer’s New York Non Profit Experience & Expertise
- Attorney Michael Ranzenhofer served on the Meals-on-Wheels Task Force, ECIDA and University at Buffalo Institutional Review Board.
The experienced volunteer fire department and district attorneys at Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC are ready to help volunteer fire departments throughout New York State. Contact our experienced Buffalo business lawyers to schedule a confidential consultation. Let our experience work for you.
The experienced volunteer fire departments attorneys at Friedman & Ranzenhofer are ready to help volunteer fire departments throughout New York State. Contact our experienced Buffalo business lawyers to schedule a confidential consultation. Let our experience work for you.
Free Fire District & Fire Company Forms and Guides
- How fire protection is provided in NY state
- NY fire company audit guidance
- What to expect during a CPA audit
- The internal audit process for NY fire districts
- Required training for commissioners of NY fire districts
- Accounting and reporting manual for fire districts
- Model code of ethics for NY fire districts
- NY fire district model request for proposals for professional auditing services
- Recommended best practices for fire department training programs
- Volunteer firefighter enhanced cancer disability benefits program regulations
- Duties & responsibilities of NY fire chiefs
- Disciplinary Hearing Determination
- Disciplinary Hearing Notice
- Guide to NYS Volunteer Firefighter& Ambulance Worker Benefits Law