Volunteer Fire Departments
Experienced Buffalo Business Lawyers Providing Strong Legal Counsel To Volunteer Fire Departments Throughout New York
The experienced Buffalo business lawyers at Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC are available seven days a week by cell phone or email to answer your questions promptly and provide legal assistance. We would be pleased to provide your fire department, fire company or fire district with a detailed legal services proposal and references.
We provide all legal services required by New York volunteer fire departments, fire districts and fire companies, including advice on fire company and not-for-profit corporation governance, financing, operational management, membership and compliance issues; and apparatus acquisition and financing, bylaws, standard operating procedures, rules and regulations, personnel policies, Service Award Programs, training; ethics law, civil liability, Freedom of Information Law, contracts, membership, reporting requirements, and discipline.
Our New York nonprofit and municipal experience makes us uniquely qualified to represent your organization:
Robert Friedman’s New York Non Profit Experience & Expertise
- TYPES OF ORGANIZATIONS: Representation of condo associations, service clubs, parent/teacher associations, professional associations, foundations, mobile home tenants’ associations, homeowners’ associations, animal rescue organizations, hospitals, churches, sports clubs, senior citizens centers and credit unions for over thirty-six years.
- RAFFLES: Created the Clarence Rotary Porsche Raffle. As Porsche Raffle Committee Chairman, oversees the daily operation and administration of the raffle.
- BYLAW REVISIONS: Revised the bylaws of the Clarence Rotary Club, Clarence Senior Center and Akron Senior Center.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Served on the boards of Hearts and Hands – Faith in Action, the Brothers of Mercy Foundation, Clarence Rotary Foundation, Clarence Rotary Club, Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Western New York Prosecutor’s Association and Akron Chamber of Commerce.
Michael Ranzenhofer’s New York Non Profit Experience & Expertise
- Attorney Michael Ranzenhofer served on the Meals-on-Wheels Task Force, ECIDA and University at Buffalo Institutional Review Board.
Robert Friedman’s New York Municipal Experience
- Attorney Robert Friedman is a prior Clarence Town Attorney (6 years). Advised all departments and boards, including Ethics Board regarding FOIL requests; litigation; contracts; employee matters; Fire Department financing, budgets and LOSAP ; and procurement.
- Clarence IDA Attorney (nine years).
- Prosecutor for Clarence (19 years), Newstead (10 years) and Akron (10 years): prosecutions of building code, environmental, vehicle and penal law violations.
- Environmental Special Legal Counsel for the Village of Alden and Town of Alden.
- Special Counsel –Town of Amherst.
Robert Friedman’s Experience As An Instructor
- Director and Instructor of New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services Security Guard Courses. Created course material and instructed public and private sector security guards on their role in emergency medical and fire safety and evacuation.
- Community Education Courses at Clarence Central, Erie Community College, Frontier Schools, Kenmore-Tonawanda Union Free School District, Niagara County Community College, Villa Maria College of Buffalo and Williamsville Schools on business law, criminal justice, mortgage foreclosures, property taxes, estate planning, landlord/tenant law, real estate law, workplace violence and debt collection.
- Erie B.O.C.E.S. – New York State Real Estate Licensing Course.
The experienced volunteer fire departments attorneys at Friedman & Ranzenhofer are ready to help volunteer fire departments throughout New York State. Contact our experienced Buffalo business lawyers to schedule a confidential consultation. Let our experience work for you.