Buffalo Child Support Attorney Discusses Filing for Support When Your Spouse Lives in Another State

Buffalo Child Support AttorneyIt often happens that someone comes into see me as a Buffalo Child Support Attorney, and tells us that their child’s other parent is living out of state, and they’re not receiving any child support. I tell them that they must file an application to get child support in the state where the child lives. If the child is living here in Buffalo with you, a petition to get child support from your out-of-state spouse must be filed Erie County. Then, service of that petition on the  out-of-state parent is arranged and gets the matter before the court so you can address the issue of getting that parent to start paying child support.

Are you trying to figure out how you can file for support when your spouse lives in another state?  Contact dedicated Buffalo Child Support Attorney Michael Ranzenhofer.

This educational legal blog was brought to you by Michael Ranzenhofer, an experienced Buffalo Child Support Attorney.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *