As an experience Buffalo Personal Lawyer, I often represent people who have had a slip and fall on another person’s property. Here are several things that you need to know if you had a slip and fall on someone else’s property:
- If you fall on somebody else’s property, first get immediate medical care. Your treatment is the most important aspect of your case. Without immediate medical care, it can affect your health and your case. Insurance companies will be looking to see what medical care you get and seeing a delay in treatment is going to raise their suspicions enough for them to think that they can reduce or throw away your claim. They won’t pay attention to any relevant reasons why you may have delayed seeking medical attention such as a lack of child care. They will just see an excuse to rid themselves of responsibility for your case.
- Second, inform the other person of your injury. You won’t be doing yourself a favor by avoiding the property owner. You need to let them know what happened. They need to know you were there so when we file our claim, we have proof of whose property it happened on.
- Next, get in to see us immediately so that we can explain your rights under the law. There are several consequences that you could face from waiting to seek help from an attorney. You could miss the statute of limitations and no longer be able to bring a case at all. You could also have your evidence go missing. Additionally, we could have your witnesses disappear and leave us with very little evidence to build your case on.
- A number of things need to be done right away because, if you wait too long, you may not have the evidence necessary to pursue your claim.
- Come see us right away and we will take photographs to preserve views of the scene. Evidence preservation is very important because it tells the story of the incident to those who were not there. It can show the hazards on the property that the owner did not address as well as where exactly you fell. The sooner you get in contact with us to preserve the evidence, the best chance you have at success because the longer you wait, the higher chance that the property owner is going to clean up whatever it was that caused your accident which leaves us with missing evidence, weakening our case.
Did you slip and fall on someone else’s property? Contact Buffalo Personal Injury Lawyer Michael Ranzenhofer now! We want to hear from you right away. Don’t delay reaching out to us. We are ready to take your call to set up your free first consultation.
This educational legal video was brought to you by Michael Ranzenhofer, an experienced Buffalo Personal Injury Lawyer. If you are looking for a lawyer to help after your slip and fall on someone else’s property, please call us right away.