Have you or a loved one been involved in a car accident? Check out these 3 car accident tips for guidance, then call our Buffalo lawyers now.
1) Filing a Claim if the Car Accident is Partially Your Fault
- Sometimes, people describe how their automobile accident happened and admit to partial responsibility.
- New York State utilizes comparative fault to establish the value of a claim and apportion the amount of that claim based on the percentage of each person’s negligence.
- Involvement in an automobile accident for which you are at least partially at fault does not preclude you from filing a claim.
- Talk with an experienced attorney who can advise you in establishing the value of your claim.
- People come often ask how they will be reimbursed for lost wages because they’re no longer able to work.
- Their most important action is the timely (within 30 days) filing of a no-fault claim.
- Next, submit medical proof of the injury and lost wages. The insurance company will process the claim and begin reimbursing you.
2) Leaving the Scene of a Car Accident
- Leaving the scene of a personal injury accident is a Class A misdemeanor.
- If you are involved in an accident involving physical injury, you must provide your insurance card and driver’s license to the other driver and a police officer.
- If no police officer is present, you must go to a police station.
3) Differences Between Car and Motorcycle Accidents
- One major difference between motorcycle accidents and car accidents is that no-fault insurance does not apply.
- There’s no insurance provision for your medical expenses.
- Those injured in motorcycle accidents must realize that their medical bills must be covered by their own insurance. Lack of insurance, therefore, poses additional difficulties.
- The most important distinction between motorcycle and car accidents is the way medical bills are paid for.
Did you or a loved one get seriously injured in a car accident and you have questions? Check out these 3 car accident tips, then contact Buffalo Car Accident Lawyers today to schedule a legal case evaluation and get started on your case.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel