While operating a motorized scooter, the driver was struck by a car attempting to make a right turn onto the same side of the street that he was on. He sustained multiple fractures to his rib and clavicle and internal bleeding. Four days later, he sustained respiratory distress and died. The driver’s widow sued both the other driver and the Town of North Hempstead, New York for creating conditions on the road that endangered her husband. The Nassau County Supreme Court jury awarded the driver’s estate $2,797,683.72,finding the town 70 percent liable, and the other driver 30 percent liable.
If you or a family member are a victim of a car, truck, bus or motorcycle accident, contact Wrongful Death Attorney Robert Friedman seven days a week for a free case evaluation at (716) 543-3764 and to learn the ADVANTAGES of HIRING A NEW YORK car accident attorney who is an experienced prosecutor. New York accident Attorney Robert Friedman has the unique experience of having successfully prosecuted over 33,000 dangerous and distracted drivers for 36 years as a New York Vehicle & Traffic Prosecutor. As a prosecutor, he saw many personal injury car accident cases and distracted driver cases. Using his extensive knowledge of the NY Vehicle & Traffic Law and NY Transportation Law, he prosecuted dangerous truck drivers, dangerous bus drivers, dangerous motorcycle drivers and dangerous automobile drivers. These dangerous drivers endangered the lives of their passengers, pedestrians, bicyclists and other drivers.