Buffalo Child Support Attorney Explains How to File for Support When Your Spouse Lives in Another State

As a dedicated Buffalo Child Support Attorney, clients often ask how they can file for child when when their spouse lives in another state.

  • You must file an application for child support in the state where the child lives.
  • If the child living here in Buffalo, a petition to obtain child support and your out-of-state spouse must be filed Erie County.
  • Service of a petition on the out-of-state parent gets the child support matter before the court so the issue can be addressed.

Are you looking to file for child support with an ex who lives in another state?  Contact experienced Buffalo Child Support Attorney Michael Ranzenhofer for help.

This educational legal video was brought to you by Michael Ranzenhofer, an experienced Buffalo Child Support Attorney.