Buffalo Lawyers / Buffalo Child Support Lawyer Discusses Your Spouse Not Paying Support

Buffalo Child Support Lawyer Discusses Your Spouse Not Paying Support

When someone – whether they’re divorced or were never married – asserts that an obligation for payment of child support has been set, but the other person refuses to pay, their question to me as a Buffalo Child Support Lawyer is,  “What can I do now?”

  • Refusal to pay child support shifts enforcement of the obligation back onto them and they must file an application in family court, or the Supreme Court, to enforce that obligation whether it was established by agreement between the parties or court order.
  • If you take no action, you will not be able to collect anything, but by application for enforcement, you ask a court to enforce the existing obligation.
  • The judge will enter an order to enforce payment through child support collection – which might impose a wage deduction.
  • The onus is on the person who is not receiving that court-ordered child support to file an enforcement petition to enforce the legal rights you’ve been granted.

Are you not receiving your court ordered child support payments?  Contact Buffalo Child Support Lawyer Michael Ranzenhofer to fight for you and your family.

This educational legal video was brought to you by Michael Ranzenhofer, an experienced Buffalo Child Support Lawyer.