- How to have sufficient resources and income at retirement to support your preferred lifestyle.
- Where to live during retirement.
- Which estate and financial strategies, such as long‐term care insurance, to pursue for potential health and long‐term care needs, in order to reduce estate taxes and avoid probate.
- How to set up and guide substitute decision‐makers for financial, health, and personal decision‐making in the event of serious illness or incapacity with wills, powers of attorney, living trusts, living wills, and health care proxies. Adequate planning with an Elder Law Attorney can usually avoid the costly and time consuming procedures by which the courts attempt to protect seniors and people with disabilities through guardianship proceedings.
- How to plan for the transfer of property to loved ones with minimal loss to estate taxes or long‐term care expenses.
If you or a family member need assistance with elder law call me at (716) 542-5444.