At Friedman & Ranzenhofer, there is a wide variety of elder law services we offer. From preservation of assets to probate, our experienced and compassionate are ready to help you in any way we can. For more information, please contact our office today to arrange a consultation.
Elder Law Services We Offer | Our Attorneys are Here for You
Legal problems that affect the elderly are rapidly growing. New York state and federal laws are becoming more complex. We have a broad understanding of the laws that may have an impact on a situation, and we take into account and empathize with the true physical and mental difficulties that often accompany the aging process.
We understand the afflictions of aging, which allows us to determine more easily the differences between the physical and mental disabilities of our clients. We are tied into a system of social workers, psychologists and other elder care professionals who may be of assistance to you. Our experienced attorneys will exhaust every resource to make sure you receive the care you deserve and that your goals are met.
Elder Law Services We Offer | Areas of Practice
At Friedman & Ranzenhofer, we are well-versed in all aspects of elder law. Some of the services we offer include:
- Preservation/transfer of assets
- Seeking to avoid spousal impoverishment when a spouse enters a nursing home
- Medicare claims and appeals
- Social Security and disability claims and appeals
- Supplemental and long-term health insurance issues
- Disability planning, including use of durable powers of attorney, living trusts, health care proxies and living wills, for financial management and health care decisions, and other means of delegating management and decision-making to another in case of incompetency or incapacity
- Estate planning, including planning for the management of one’s estate during life and its disposition on death through the use of trusts, wills and other planning documents
- Administration and management of trusts and estates
- Long-term care placements in nursing home and life care communities
- Nursing home issues including questions of patients’ rights and nursing home quality
- Elder abuse and fraud recovery cases
- Housing issues, including discrimination and home equity conversions
- Age discrimination in employment
- Retirement, including public and private retirement benefits, survivor; benefits and pension benefits
- Health law
- Mental health law
Friedman & Ranzenhofer provides caring, experienced and knowledgeable representation to elderly residents and their families throughout New York. Schedule a consultation with our dedicated Buffalo elder law attorneys today and let our experience work for you.