Have you been charged with a DWI? Check out these 4 commonly asked DWI questions, then call our office today to get the help you need.
1. Will I Lose My Job From a DWI?
- A driver convicted of DWI will not lose their job simply because of a DWI or DWAI conviction.
- Certain professions may revoke a convicted DWI driver’s license to perform his or her work.
- A commercial driver will lose their ability to drive via loss of a CDL (commercial driver’s license).
- Persons in the country on a green card may lose their job through deportation or detention.
2. Will I be Sentenced to Jail Time for a DWI?
- DWI is a criminal misdemeanor
- Possible up to 1 year of jail time
3. What is a Aggravated DWI?
- An aggravated DWI may involve having children in the car when driving under the influence.
- You can also be charged with aggravated DWI if you have a blood alcohol count over 0.18.
4. Can I Plea Bargain a DWI?
- It will depend on a number of different factors
- Factors such as your breathalyzer test, whether or not there was an accident and how you did on the other tests the police officer put you through when they pulled you over
Were you or someone you love recently charged with a DWI in New York? Contact experienced Buffalo DWI attorneys for dedicated representation you can trust. With over 35 years of experience, he has the skills and resources necessary to challenge your conviction, and will fight to protect your freedom. After checking out these 4 commonly asked DWI questions, contact him today to schedule a confidential consultation, and let his experience work for you.
Like us on Facebook