Buffalo Lawyers / Evicting Your Adult Live In Child

Evicting Your Adult Live In Child

Does your son or daughter refuse to pay rent and are forced into evicting your adult live in child? Watch this video by our Buffalo Landlord Tenant Lawyer.

I am often asked, what is the procedure to evict a son or daughter who has been living with the parent and not paying rent? The courts do not consider the child to be a tenant. You must start what’s known as an ejectment action in Supreme Court or County Court. This is done after a six-month notice is prepared and served on the child. The procedures depend on what the actual circumstances are, so you should consult with an attorney before trying to evict a child.

The experienced Buffalo Landlord Tenant Lawyers of Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC provide dedicated and knowledgeable legal representation to New York residents.  If we can be of any service, contact us at one of our seven locations.

Attorney Robert Friedman is a partner with Friedman & Ranzenhofer and has achieved the rating of superb on Avvo.

FRIEDMAN & RANZENHOFER, PC does not represent residential tenants unless they were injured on the property.